If you’ve considered using Alta Loma dry cleaners to clean your “dry clean only” garments, you may have also wondered whether you could complete the job yourself.
But there are both pros and cons to consider, and it’s important to make sure you do enough research before starting the task. Here’s how to wash dry clean only garments at home – as well as the risks that may come with doing so.
Firstly consider why you’re looking to do the job yourself.
It’s important to ask yourself why you’re looking to take the DIY approach to dry cleaning. Perhaps you don’t think you have the time to wait for a professional – or maybe you’ve predicted dry cleaning in Alta Loma to be too expensive.
However, you’d be surprised at the fast turnaround times of many Alta Loma dry cleaners, as well as their affordable prices! Take a look around and you’re bound to find a great deal that fits into your budget.
Even after this, if you’re really that set on dry cleaning your own garments – here’s how to do it.
Washing Dry Clean Only Garments at Home
While washing your dry clean only garments at home, here are a few tips that can help:
- Gather the essentials you need for home dry cleaning. These will usually include a dry cleaning bag, dry cleaning sheets and some stain remover.
- Assess the state of the garment. If it’s a small mark or stain, it may be easy to remove – however heavily soiled items are best left to the pros.
- Do a spot test in an inconspicuous area before using the stain remover. That way, you’ll be sure of the outcome.
- Once the stain has been removed, place the garment in a dry cleaning bag alongside a dry cleaning sheet. This will release a fresh fragrance as well as some moisture to refresh the garment.
- After a while, simply place the bag in the dryer on a low temperature and let it gently cycle.
- Then, hang the garment on a hanger to remove any wrinkles.
Are there any downsides?
Yes – there are several downsides to washing these items yourself. If not done properly, you could cause damage to your clothing. For example, if linen is washed incorrectly, it loses its crispness. Similarly, silk can be difficult to clean due to the risk of colour running. Without the right knowledge of dry cleaning, your garment could be ruined.
So while it is, of course, possible to try and wash “dry clean only” garments at home, there’s always a risk of damage from an ineffective or inappropriate cleaning. To keep your garments safe, it’s advisable to let your local Alta Loma dry cleaners take care of the job.
Remember, only a professional will know the best way to take care of any kind of clothing item. They’ll have the best products, the experience, and the skills to give you the best results.
By making the most of the dry cleaning in Alta Loma, you can be certain it will be a job well done – and your clothes would keep looking as good as new for a long time.