Most of the clothes in your wardrobe have tags that have “dry clean only” written on them but it can be very expensive taking all of them to the dry cleaner. However, the question is, can you wash them at home and not ruin them? Dry cleaning is good if you want your clothes to maintain their shape, be perfectly clean and crisp and that is why most people will choose to take their clothes to the dry cleaners. There are many places for dry cleaning in Alta Loma where you get cost-efficient and useful services and all you have to do is choose the best.
For clothes that come with a “dry clean only” tag means that you can only wash it at home if you know what you are doing but it is best to take it to the dry cleaners. At times you will need not to rely on the instructions, but take a look at the fabric from which the item is made of. Some fabrics do get spoiled when they are washed at home. You can get professional advice regarding items which need to be dry cleaned from Alta Loma dry cleaning professionals.
Items that you can take to the dry cleaners include:
- Formal Suits and office wear, especially if made from wool
- Items with intricate designs
- Items with a lining
- Items with sequins, beads
- Badly stained or soiled items
- Delicate synthetics such as rayon which may shrink and lose shape when hand washed.
- Silk that has running colors and can be tedious cleaning it
- Wool items as they are sturdy and bulky
- Linen can be washed at home in cold water, but the problem is if it is washed incorrectly, it may lose its clean finishing and crispness. It is an item that requires thorough ironing.
- Fabric blends
- Leather items
Items that you need not take to the dry cleaners include:
- Cotton items as long as they don’t have linings, beads or hand painting.
- Cashmere which is a delicate and luxurious fabric can be hand washed with the help of a special detergent.
- Synthetic fabrics such as nylon, spandex, acetate and polyester which will not shrink when washed.
If you are in doubt whether to wash it or take it to the dry cleaners, it’s best to dry clean it, which is a safer option than ruining it. With professional Alta Loma shirt laundry services, you do not need to take the risk of ruining your items and replacing them again which is an expensive affair. Dry cleaning your shirts and dresses often will help lengthen the lifespan of the fabric fibers. At times it can be a hassle to take all your clothes to the dry cleaners, but this will actually save you time to work on other more important chores and make life much easier. If you’re still not sure about it, give us a call today and we will assist you with all the required information and service.